Description taken from essexcountynj.org
Anderson Park is a 14.85-acre, small suburban park in Upper Montclair, bordered by North Mountain Avenue, Parkside Road, Bellevue Avenue, and NJ Transit train tracks. Originally called "Montclair Park," this parkland was transferred to the Essex County Park Commission from the Town of Montclair in 1901. In 1909 the town requested the name be changed in honor of its original donor, C.W. Anderson. As in the case of much of county parkland, this land was originally low and swampy. With under drainage and fill, the trapezoidal-shaped tract was transformed into a beautifully landscaped park, featuring large shade trees and sprawling lawns. The design for the park was completed on August 4, 1903, by the Olmsted Brothers firm. The park is unstructured and is generally used for strolling, Frisbee playing, and informal picnics. Therefore, no construction has been planned for this park. The passive scenery suits this quiet suburban neighborhood, in contrast to the heavily developed parks of Newark, illustrating how park design is dictated by the needs of the surrounding community.

Amenities / Features of Anderson Park:

0-0 Main Categories & Types
Parks and Natural Areas
County Parks
Park (General)
0-0 Special Location and Tour Search Categories
All Activities
General Amenities
Trails / Trail Information
Activities
Jogging / Running
Walking
Amenities
Picnic / Sitting Area !The open grassy lawn
Trails
General Location
New Jersey
General Areas within NJ
Northern NJ
Regions (based on tourism)
Gateway (Berg, Ess, Hud, Mid, Pas, Uni)
Internal Data
For Locations / Guides
Needs Map Data
Misc Information
Listing Center: Latitude: 40.8393
Listing Center: Longitude: -74.2102
Record Status: 1.0000
Record Title: Anderson Park
Special Connections
County Park Systems
Essex County Parks
Trails / Trail Information
Surface Type(s)
Paved
Walking Paths

Additional Anderson Park Content: