Photos & More See More
Categories See More
- Equestrian / Horseback
- Jogging / Running
- Boat Launch
- Car Top Boat Launch Only
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Flat / Easy
- Surface Type: Dirt
- Walking Paths
Parks & Gardens:
- Municiple / City Park
- Park (General)
A Brief History
Trail & Path Info
Things to See & Do
The small pond next to the parking lot is simply beautiful on a summer afternoon. From here, the woods are thick along the trails, and are full of singing birds and buxxing bugs.
Venturing off the trail a bit will provide a glimpse into the past with the ruins of the Maxim Smokeless Gunpowder Factory. These tucked away for good reason, and should not be played on or disturbed.
A few hundred feet from the traffic light at Maxim Rd and Farmingdale Lakewdoow Rd is a small entrance to the property.
Cars/trucks can park along the grass, across the dirt road from the pond.
Horse trailers are asked to park in the trailer parking lots along Maxim Rd, since turning around dwn near the gate might be tough.
For all visitors, please keep your cars away from the gate, and away from the soft soil of the pond.
Related Groups / Organizations
Nearby Places Browse All
- Soldier Memorial Park (~1 miles)
- Oak Glen Park (~1 miles)
- Ardena School House Museum (~1 miles)
- Allaire Campground (~2 miles)
- Allaire State Park (~2 miles)
- Allaire State Park Disc Golf Course (~2 miles)
- New Jersey Museum of Transportation - Pine Creek Railroad (~2 miles)
- Historic Allaire Village (~2 miles)
- Manasquan Reservoir (~2 miles)
- RC Flying Field (within Allaire State Park) (~3 miles)
- Echo Lake/Alfred C. Sauer Park (~3 miles)
- Allaire Group Campground (~3 miles)