Photos & More See More
You may also like...
Categories See More
- Scenic Train Rides
A Brief History
Founded in the early 1960's by a group of friends with an interest in steam railroading, the Black River & Western Railroad has seen many changes over the years. The first BR&W passenger trains between Flemington and Ringoes operated under a lease agreement with the Pennsylvania Railroad, which still operated freight service on the line. Eventually, the BR&W purchased the line from Lambertville to Flemington, and later added the former Central Railroad of New Jersey line from Flemington to Three Bridges.
Once the BR&W owned the railroad outright, we got into the freight business! We are proud that our little railroad, built in 1854, has never ceased serving its original purpose: providing economical transportation to local businesses. BR&W currently serves several industrial customers in Hunterdon and Warren Counties. In fact, our railroad is one of the few places in North America where you will ocassionally encounter a revenue steam-powered freight train!
Related Groups / Organizations
The Black River Railroad Historical Trust (BRRHT) is a not-for-profit organization which manages the public passenger trains and events on the railroad.
On the Web
Nearby Places Browse All
- Old York Cellars Winery (~2 miles)
- Unionville Vineyards (~2 miles)
- Pine Creek Miniature Golf (~3 miles)
- Northlandz - Model Railroad and Doll Museum (~6 miles)
- Howell Living History Farm (~7 miles)
- Sourland Cycles (~7 miles)
- Derwood Farm (~7 miles)
- Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Reserve (~7 miles)
- Belle Mountain (~7 miles)
- Hopewell Valley Vineyards (~7 miles)
- Baldpate Mountain (~8 miles)
- Schaefer Farms (~8 miles)
|Details:||Short Url: gonj.me/9090kj Last Updated: 2015-10-11 20:51:09|