Colliers Mills Wildlife Management Area is located in Ocean County, New Jersey. The WMA is a great example of NJ Pine Barrens habitat and provides a range of natural habitat pitch pine and scrub oak forests, swamps and lakes. Colliers Mill Lake and Success Lake are notable features of the WMA.
Due to its habitat and location along the Atlantic Flyway, the National Audubon Society has designated Colliers Mills as an Important Bird Area (IBA). Over 140 species of birds have been identified in the NJ Pine Barrens and many of these species can be found nesting in Colliers Mills.
Hiking and horseback riding are available on the paths and unpaved roads within the WMA. There are no blazed trails. Hunters use the Wildlife Management Area in the autumn and visitors are urged to take proper precautions during hunting season.
You may also like...
Categories See More
- Jogging / Running
- Mountain Biking
- Paddling - Kayak/Canoe/Row boat
- Boat Launch
- Flat / Easy
- Surface Type: Dirt
- Walking Paths
Parks & Gardens:
- State Park
- Wildlife Management Areas
Special / Seasonal Events
On the Web
Nearby Places Browse All
- Indian Rock Campground (~1 miles)
- Howling Woods Farm (~2 miles)
- Six Flags Great Adventure (~2 miles)
- Prospertown Wildlife Management Area (~2 miles)
- Bullock Farms (~4 miles)
- Laurita Winery (~4 miles)
- Clayton Park (~5 miles)
- Holland Ridge Farms (~5 miles)
- Volunteer Park, New Egypt (~6 miles)
- Oakford Lake Park (~6 miles)
- Union Transportation Trail (UTT) (~6 miles)
- Forest Resource Education Center (~6 miles)
|Details:||Short Url: gonj.me/2608rm Last Updated: 2015-09-11 22:59:08|