Durand-Hedden House and Garden is an historic house museum that finds interesting ways to explore our community's fascinating past - through nature, architecture, music, food, social life, local history, reenactments and participatory activities - and to spotlight the "treasures" in our own backyards. Our aim is to make history exciting and relevant for all ages.
The Durand-Hedden House is an historic house museum owned by the Township of Maplewood and managed by a non-profit association of citizen trustees. Its purpose is to preserve, restore and interpret the historic Durand-Hedden House and grounds and related collections.
It is dedicated to providing diverse educational exhibits and programs that foster the publics knowledge and appreciation of the heritage and development of the Maplewood area and surrounding towns from the time of its original settlement in the late 17th century to the late 20th century.
Categories See More
Parks & Gardens:
- Gardens / Arboretum
Nearby Places Browse All
- South Mountain Reservation (~1 miles)
- Hemlock Falls (~1 miles)
- Greenwood Gardens (~2 miles)
- Turtle Back Zoo (~2 miles)
- Cora Hartshorn Arboretum and Bird Sanctuary (~3 miles)
- Reeves-Reed Arboretum (~4 miles)
- Edison National Historic Site, Glenmont Estate (~4 miles)
- Thomas Edison National Historical Park (~4 miles)
- Greater Newark Conservancy (~5 miles)
- Echo Lake Dog Park (Mountainside) (~5 miles)
- Echo Lake Park (Mountainside, NJ) (~5 miles)
- Eagle Rock Reservation (~6 miles)