The Somerset County Park Commission Environmental Education Center is located within Lord Stirling Park, in the Basking Ridge section of Bernards Township, and is nestled within 425 acres of the western portion of the Great Swamp Basin of the Passaic River. The variety of habitats of floodplains, swamps, rivers, intermittent streams, marshes, meadows, and natural and man-made ponds, fields, and forests provide homes for diverse plant and animal populations in this environmentally sensitive park. All are within walking distances of the multi-faceted building. The Great Swamp Exhibit, a swamp vivarium, and an environmentally based library are located within the Center itself.
Diverse opportunities abound at the Center. Come hike the 8.5 miles of trails on your own or register for one of the multitude of programs - there are experiences available for all ages! The building is open year round, except for major holidays, 9am to 5pm.
Photos & More See More
You may also like...
Categories See More
- Nature / Environmental Center
Parks & Gardens:
- County Parks
A Brief History
Trail & Path Info
You will find 450 acres and 9 miles of trails within Lord Stirling Park... Learn More...
On the Web
Nearby Places Browse All
- Lord Stirling Park (~0 miles)
- Lord Stirling Stable (~1 miles)
- Helen C. Fenske Visitor Center (~2 miles)
- Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge (~3 miles)
- Camp Riverbend - Day camp (~4 miles)
- Leonard J. Buck Garden (~5 miles)
- Great Swamp Outdoor Education Center (~6 miles)
- Lewis Morris County Park (~6 miles)
- Chimney Rock / Washington Valley park (~7 miles)
- Fosterfields Living Historical Farm (~7 miles)
- Washington Memorial Park (~8 miles)
- Frelinghuysen Arboretum (~8 miles)
Environmental Education Center (EEC) - Somerset County is part of Lord Stirling Park
|Details:||Short Url: gonj.me/8081bm Last Updated: 2017-08-11 23:35:48|