Garret Mountain Reservation, a 568-acre recreational area, situated more than 500 feet above sea level provides sweeping views of northern New Jersey and the New York City skyline.
This beautiful park, operated by the Passaic County Parks Department, offers park visitors a wide range of recreational activities and facilities. These facilities include an equestrian center, athletic fields, fishing, picnic grounds, jogging paths, and trails for cross country skiing, hiking and running.
At the Garret Mountain Equestrian Center, residents can take horseback riding lessons or ride on the park's bridle paths. A Therapeutic Riding program is also available.
Lambert Castle and its Observation Tower, two of Passaic County's many historical treasures are also located in Garret Mountain Reservation. Lambert Castle and the Observation Tower are now open to visitors.
You may also like...
Categories See More
- Equestrian / Horseback
- Paddling - Kayak/Canoe/Row boat
- Playing in the playground
- Sports / Athletic Fields
- Car Top Boat Launch Only
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Fitness Trail
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
Parks & Gardens:
- County Parks
- Scenic Overlook / Waterfalls
- Equestrian Center
Nearby Places Browse All
- Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park (~1 miles)
- Dey Mansion Museum (~3 miles)
- Tintle Park (~3 miles)
- Mills Reservation County Park (~4 miles)
- Presby Memorial Iris Gardens (~4 miles)
- Anderson Park (~4 miles)
- Veterans Alliance Park, Wayne (~5 miles)
- Memorial Park (~5 miles)
- Van Vleck House and Gardens (~6 miles)
- Roadrunner Sports (Paramus, NJ) (~6 miles)
- Eagle Rock Reservation (~7 miles)
- Van Saun County Park (~7 miles)
|Details:||Short Url: gonj.me/10621jf Last Updated: 2018-06-11 22:27:42|