The Black Oil Sunflowers will Bloom end of August 2015 thru mid September. We will have a Kids Scavenger Hunt, A Build your own Scarecrow contest ( bring some old clothes to stuff) and a Bug safari tour. we hope to be open through September, But its really up to Mother nature! Make sure you bring your camera - last year there were over 1.5 million flowers to photograph and its the largest Sunflower Maze on the East Coast!
Photos & More See More
You may also like...
Categories See More
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
- Sunflower Maze
- Special Programs: NJ Audubon's S.A.V.E.
Trail & Path Info
The trails are cut directly into the sunflower field. Though this photo was taken in their Augusta location in 2013, the trails will look the same in 2015 :)
Things to See & Do
The maze is open while the sunflowers are in bloom. This is usually from late August until early October. Sunflowers do not bloom the entire 4-8 weeks continuously, but the maze has planted different batches to bloom at different times over their short season. Even with the staggered planting, the best time to visit may be early in their season. But you will not be let down anytime that you visit.
After you visit to the maze, visit Roseline's Farm & Bakery for the best Farm Fresh Goodies you can get!
Special / Seasonal Events
Each year, the maze takes on a new shape, layout, and meaning! This is rather special :)
While visiting the 2013 maze, we captured the entire maze on our GPS and have shared the following screenshot:
Admission & Guidelines
New Location for 2015. Liberty Farm, County Road 645, Sandyston (Branchville), NJ 07826. Admission to the sunflower field is $10 adults, $ 6 children ages 12-4, under 3 is free.
Closed toed shoes suggested.
We are pet friendly, dogs must be on leash.
All entrants must sign a liability release form.
On the Web
Nearby Places Browse All
- Stokes State Forest (~3 miles)
- Raymondskill Falls (~4 miles)
- Adams Creek and Adams Falls (~4 miles)
- Dingmans Campground (~4 miles)
- Dingmans and Silverthread Falls (~4 miles)
- Sunrise Mountain Scenic overlook (~5 miles)
- Harmony Ridge Farm and Campground (~5 miles)
- Kymer's Camping Resort (~5 miles)
- Cedar Ridge Campgrounds (~6 miles)
- Space Farms Zoo & Museum (~6 miles)
- Hornbecks Creek / Indian Ladder Falls (~6 miles)
- High Point State Park (~6 miles)
Sussex County Sunflower Maze (at Liberty Farm) is part of Liberty Farm
|Details:||Short Url: gonj.me/sussexsunflowers Last Updated: 2018-09-10 22:49:33|