Photos & More See More
Categories See More
- Equestrian / Horseback
- Jogging / Running
- Mountain Biking
- Skiing / Snowboarding
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Flat / Easy
- Rugged / Rocky
Parks & Gardens:
- County Parks
- Park (General)
- Scenic Overlook / Waterfalls
Trail & Path Info
If you are looking for a trip recommendation, you might want to consider checking out the "Hike Recommendation" below.
Schooleys Mountain County Park.
Hike RecommendationOne Hike Recommendation we would have will allow you to see a good amount of the park. This path will offer a few miles of hiking, and a good bit of elevation change. You will also get to check out the old mine ruins...
- Park off Pleasant Grove Rd (at the main parking area).
- Head along the mowed path passed the 2 fishing ponds, towards the the camping area.
- Pick up the Red trail at the north eastern side of the camping activity field.
- Follow the red trail, passing where the red and white trails merge. About .22 miles passed this, the white trail turns to the left, heading downhill.
- Follow the white, until you hit the Geology Trail on your right.
- Follow the Geology Trail down to the road.
- Explore this area a bit, enjoying the beautiful stream and the old mine.
- Head back up the GT, following the white back to where the White and Red split. Make a left onto the red trail
- The red and blue merge just ahead. Follow the Blue trail.
- You will only be on the blue trail for a few hundred feet, and go over two bridges, when you need to start looking for a small trail to your right that brings you out to the mowed field paths once again.
- Once on the field path, take your first left (onto another mowed field path)
- Follow this along the field until it dead ends onto a the dirt road, and take a left
- Follow the dirt road to the first intersection (a road coming in from the right), and make that right. Follow this back to your car.
For the full map of this, please click here.
Nearby Places Browse All
- Teetertown Camping Area (~0 miles)
- Voorhees State Park (~5 miles)
- Schooleys Mountain County Park (~5 miles)
- Voorhees State Park Campground (~5 miles)
- Voorhees State Park Observatory / NJAA (~5 miles)
- Donaldson Farms (~5 miles)
- CK Hoffman Veterans Memorial (~6 miles)
- Hacklebarney State Park (~6 miles)
- Cooper Gristmill (~7 miles)
- Eyes of the Wild Center (~7 miles)
- Alstede Farms (~8 miles)
- Pequest Trout Hatchery and Natural Resource Education Center (~8 miles)