Washington Park has its own unique attributes as a Hudson County park. Situated near the 14th street viaduct, Washington Park offers notable views of the New York City skyline. A remarkable stainless steel sculpture stands 14 feet high and 35 feet wide at the entrance on Paterson Plank Road. It was created by accomplished artist and Jersey native Chakaia Booker. The park landscape features a large trellis sculpture, two gazebos, a picnic area, and beautiful ornamental gardens. Canine lovers can bring their pet to get some exercise at the enclosed dog run.
This County Park offers baseball and softball players four fields, which are equipped with lighting for evening play and two of which feature synthetic turf, and a batting cage for Little Leaguers! Visitors can bring their "A" game and play on the other facilities: 10 tennis courts, one full and 3 half basketball courts, and a volleyball court. Children can enjoy outdoor recreation at Washington Park on the playground or cool off at the spray pool in the summertime. Residents throughout the area can exercise with a jog or a bike ride along the 3.8 mile of trails.
Categories See More
- Playing in the playground
- Sports / Athletic Fields
- Dog Park / Dog Area
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Sprayground / Splashground
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
Parks & Gardens:
- County Parks
- Dog Parks
Enter from Paterson Plank Road near Central Avenue.
Served by #30 NJ Transit bus line.
Central Ave. is also serviced by the 85 line and 2nd
St. is serviced by the 84 & 86 NJ Transit bus lines.
Take elevator up from 9th Street Hudson Bergen
Light Rail Station to Paterson Plank Rd. in Jersey City.
Nearby Places Browse All
- Columbus Park, Hoboken (~1 miles)
- Lincoln Park, Jersey City (~3 miles)
- Liberty State Park (~3 miles)
- Richard W. DeKorte Park (~4 miles)
- Pole Position Raceway, Indoor Karting (Jersey City, NJ) (~4 miles)
- Mercer Park in Bayonne (~5 miles)
- Stephen R. Gregg Park, Bayonne Park (~6 miles)
- Branch Brook Park (~7 miles)
- Greater Newark Conservancy (~8 miles)
- Overpeck County Park (~8 miles)
- Yankees Stadium (~8 miles)
- Field Station: Dinosaurs (~9 miles)