Sep 2021 - Baldpate is currently closed after major damage caused by Hurricane Ida. Please visit the Mercer County Parks page for updates.
Baldpate Mountain At A Glance...
About Baldpate Mountain
Baldpate Mountain, previously know as Kuser Mountain, was acquired by Mercer County from Trap Rock Industries in 1998. The Kuser family sold the property to Trap Rock in 1986. The park has over 12 miles of marked natural trails for hiking, mountain biking and horse back riding. There are trails for all abilities from short level loops to steep rocky trails. Mercer Park System mentions that the current design and construction plans will provide for improved access to the mountain. There are two parking lots constructed and the base of the mountain on Fiddlers Creek Road and Pleasant Valley Road. The existing driveway will also be improved to provide for limited vehicular and handicapped access to the top of the mountain. The top of the mountain will provide rest room facilities and a visitor's center.
- Equestrian / Horseback
Rocky / steep / rugged trails
- Skiing / Snowboarding
A few Porta Potties
Nature / Environmental Center
This is a planned improvement, but not there just yet.
- Picnic / Sitting Area
A few tables at the top of the mountain.
- Rugged / Rocky
- County Parks
Scenic Areas (overlooks/waterfalls)
A few nice overlooks near the mansion looking towards PA
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Baldpate Mountain (~0 miles)
- Howell Living History Farm (~1 miles)
- Washington Crossing State Park (NJ) (~2 miles)
- Belle Mountain (~2 miles)
- Bowman's Hill Tower (PA) (~3 miles)
- Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve (~3 miles)
- Hopewell Valley Vineyards (~4 miles)
- Scudder Falls (Delaware River) (~5 miles)
- Pine Creek Miniature Golf (~5 miles)
- Kunkel Park (~5 miles)
- The Watershed Institute (~7 miles)
- Shady Brook Farm (~7 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web