2022-01: We have learned that the BGCampground has now closed for good. And has been for a few years actually. From their site:
As of the 2019 season, Birch Grove Park will no longer operate as a campground. After many years of exploring what options may be available to keep the campground open, it was decided by Northfield City Council to allow the campground portion of the park to revert to its natural state. While we know a great many people enjoyed the rustic camping experience at the Park, the operation is no longer sustainable without the cost of the significant improvements that would be necessary for camping to continue.
Birch Grove Campground (closed) At A Glance...
About Birch Grove Campground (closed)
Birch Grove Campground is open April 1st, until the end of September each year. It includes wooded parking for tents, popups, and even RVs. Their site mentions full hookups are available, but we did not confirm this completely. Their website is very basic, and does not include too much information. You may need to call them to find more about this facility.
Jogging / Running
On the nearby trails
- Playing in the playground
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
Very small / basic
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Grills / Firering
- Picnic tables
- 0-0 All Campgrounds and RV parks
- Drive-up camping
- Large lots for RVs
- Medium sized lots (good for popups)
- Tent Camping Available
- Walking Paths
- Municipal / City Park
Our Personal Take...
On a random visit to the park, we walked both the trails and the campground. It looks like an older township park, that was a little dated, that had some campsites added at one point a while back. We did not check out the bathrooms, but we would hope they are jept up by the employees we quickly talked with. We may try to get back here again to stay a night. If we do, we'll provide an update.
You may also like...
More To Explore in Birch Grove Campground (closed)
- Birch Grove Campground (closed) (~0 miles)
- Birch Grove Park (~0 miles)
- Pleasantville to Somers Point Bike Path (~2 miles)
- All Wars Memorial Park (~2 miles)
- Linwood Arboretum (~2 miles)
- Whirlpool Island County Park (~3 miles)
- Egg Harbor Twp BMX Track (~3 miles)
- Veterans Memorial Park / Castle Playground (~3 miles)
- Veterans Memorial Park, Egg Harbor Township (~3 miles)
- Storybook Land (~3 miles)
- Lawrence Bud Kern Field (~4 miles)
- Tony Canale Park (~4 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web