The Bridge of Flowers
started out as a trolley bridge in 1908. The Shelburne Falls & Colrain Street Railway trolley hauled freight between the rail yard in Shelburne Falls and several textile mills in Colrain. It delivered milk and mail, carried workers to the mills and children to the movies at the Memorial Theater in Shelburne Falls. The railway went out of business in 1928 when trucking took over the freight business. But, the last surviving trolley car, found in a farmer's field, has been wonderfully restored to its original condition. Take a ride on old No.10 at the Trolley Museum!