Helen C. Fenske Visitor Center At A Glance...
About Helen C. Fenske Visitor Center
Exhibits demonstrate the variety of habitats and wildlife that can be seen at Great Swamp NWR as well as the history of this Refuge that makes it so special to this area.
The Discovery Den has educational and entertaining activities for children. During cold winter days it is not uncommon for families to come to the visitor center to get out of their homes and enjoy the various activities.
Certainly one of the highlights has been the addition of the wonderful quilt donated to the Friends by Marcia Rymer. The quilt incorporates the birds and flowers that meant so much to Marcia, stitched onto or into the quilt. It has a permanent home in the library and never ceases to amaze visitors. It truly is a work of art.
You may also like...
More To Explore in Helen C. Fenske Visitor Center
- Helen C. Fenske Visitor Center (~0 miles)
- Lord Stirling Park (~1 miles)
- Lord Stirling Stable (~2 miles)
- Environmental Education Center (EEC) - Somerset County (~2 miles)
- Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge (~3 miles)
- Lewis Morris County Park (~4 miles)
- Camp Riverbend - Day camp (~5 miles)
- Great Swamp Outdoor Education Center (~6 miles)
- Leonard J. Buck Garden (~6 miles)
- Fosterfields Living Historical Farm (~6 miles)
- Historic Speedwell (~7 miles)
- Frelinghuysen Arboretum (~7 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web