Marine Mammal Stranding Center/Sea Life Museum At A Glance...
About Marine Mammal Stranding Center/Sea Life Museum
The Marine Mammal Stranding Center - The Marine Mammal Stranding Center helps all marine mammals and sea turtles - this may include seals (Harbor, Grey, Harp, Hooded), dolphins, whales, and even the occasional wayward manatee. The four species of sea turtles that we see and rescue in NJ are the Green, Kemp's Ridley, Loggerhead, and Leatherback.
Sea Life Museum and Gift Shop - The museum was established to display marine mammal artifacts for the purpose of public education. Featured are several life-sized replicas of marine mammals, sea turtles, and fish, all found in New Jersey waters or stranded on beaches. In addition, educational displays explain the plight of marine animals that ingest marine debris and plastics. Displays of marine mammal artifacts feature a sperm whale's jaw bone, dolphin spinal column, skulls, and vertebrae and rib bones of small and large whales. The gift area is one of our sources of funding to maintain our operations. Our ever-popular "Cupid the Seal" t-shirts, unique gifts, books, other apparel, and more can be found in our gift shop, both in the museum and online!
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- Museum / Gallery
You may also like...
- Marine Mammal Stranding Center/Sea Life Museum (~0 miles)
- Oscar E. McClinton Waterfront Park (~2 miles)
- Absecon Lighthouse (~2 miles)
- Steel Pier (~3 miles)
- Absecon Wildlife Management Area (~3 miles)
- Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge (~6 miles)
- Leeds' Point Natural Area (~6 miles)
- Galloway East Tract (~7 miles)
- Whirlpool Island County Park (~7 miles)
- Lucy the Elephant (~8 miles)
- Birch Grove Park (~9 miles)
- Birch Grove Campground (closed) (~9 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web