The active recreational facilities of the park include a ballfield, fishing, ice skating on the eight acre lake, and a play area near the lake picnic grove. A 470 foot floating bridge, is one of the most unique aspects of the park system, which provides access to the lake from the newly renovated Lodge. The natural amphitheater is the site of concerts during the Summerfest, and the group shelter is filled to capacity with weekend picnickers from May through September.
The Park Commission purchased the 236 Claremont tract in 1991. The tract lies in Long Valley and is comprised of rich agricultural lands and riverine wetlands. The site provides access to the South Branch of the Raritan, one of the highest quality fresh water fisheries in the State.
The Schooley's Mountain Park Lodge is available for corporate or private rentals, such as meetings, weddings, bridal showers, and more.
- Primary Address:
- Equestrian / Horseback
- Jogging / Running
- Playing in the playground
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Some are challenging
- Rugged / Rocky
Parks & Gardens:
- County Parks
- Park (General)
- Scenic Overlook / Waterfalls
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Schooleys Mountain County Park (~0 miles)
- Cooper Gristmill (~3 miles)
- Alstede Farms (~4 miles)
- Donaldson Farms (~4 miles)
- Hacklebarney State Park (~4 miles)
- Teetertown Camping Area (~5 miles)
- Teetertown Ravine Nature Preserve (~5 miles)
- Stony Hill Corn Maze & Fun Park (~5 miles)
- Stephens State Park Campground (~5 miles)
- Bamboo Brook Outdoor Education Center (~6 miles)
- Stephens State Park (~6 miles)
- Willowwood Arboretum (~6 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web