Shark River Park At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: , Sunset:
- Equestrian / Horseback
Jogging / Running
Great trail running
- Mountain Bike
- Skiing / Snowboarding
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Grills / Firering
- Picnic shelter(s)
- Picnic tables
Just over a few wet areas.
- Rugged / Rocky
- County Parks
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
- Pets Permitted: On Leash Only
- New Jersey Shore Region Monmouth County
About Shark River Park
Shark River Park offers outdoor fun, for the whole family. You will find trails for walking, hiking and biking. As well as playgrounds, open fields, a fishing pond and more.
Trail & Path Info
The trails in the park are open for biking, hiking, horseback, and snow sports. The trails around the parking/picnic area off Schoolhouse Rd are nice, but short.
If you cross over Schoolhouse Road, you will find about 7 miles of trails. Our 100% favorite trail in the park is called "Pine Hills". If has the most elevation change, and is (what we consider) the most scenic of the trails in the park.
A note to bikers: Though biking is allowed in the park, we recommend against heading to Shark River for a bike ride. You'll find a lot of roots, sand, and trails that built for hiking, not biking. Out of the 30+ times I have been there, I have been there twice with a bike. The first time I ever went to the park was on a bike. I vowed to never go back. In early 2012 I went back again to easily grab some GPS data. It reconfirmed why we do not really bike here.
This park has a two main of picnic areas, both located off the Schoolhouse Road parking lot. One of these includes a smaller shelter with 10 of so grills/tables. The larger pavilion contains bathrooms, park info, and more. About this pavilion there are also many grills and picnic tables.
Between / near the 2 picnic areas you will find a large play field, and a great playground.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Shark River Park (~0 miles)
- Garden State Velodrome, at Wall Raceway (~2 miles)
- Wall Stadium Speedway (~2 miles)
- Wall Community Park and Activity Fields (~3 miles)
- Allaire State Park Disc Golf Course (~3 miles)
- New Jersey Museum of Transportation - Pine Creek Railroad (~4 miles)
- Historic Allaire Village (~4 miles)
- Allaire Campground (~4 miles)
- Allaire State Park (~4 miles)
- Nature Interpretive Center in Allaire State Park (~4 miles)
- Go Play! Retro Arcade (~4 miles)
- Multiuse Trails in Allaire State Park (~4 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web