Timber Creek Park At A Glance...
About Timber Creek Park
Timber Creek Park is the former site of Slims Ranch and was purchased by Camden County for open space. The 60-acre park is located along the upper tidal portion of the North Branch of the Big Timber Creek. The creek flows through a wide valley in this area and contains a mature hardwood forest with large oaks, American beech, and tulip poplar trees and tidal and forested wetlands. There are also a few remaining American chestnut trees along the creek, a very rare site to see.
The trail follows the south bank of the Timber Creek. The tidal wetlands along the creek are a wintering site for waterfowl and bald eagles and red-tailed hawks. The woodlands along the creek provide habitat for wintering songbirds.
- Dog Park 9 acres fenced in the woods
- Outdoor Amphitheater
- Accessible Walking Track just under mile around
- 2 Pavilions
- Cross Country Trails
- Natural Trails
- Indoor Restrooms with Covered Pavilion
- Water Fountains
- Flag Pole
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Timber Creek Park (~0 miles)
- Roadrunner Sports (Cherry Hill, NJ) (~7 miles)
- Sahara Sam's Oasis Indoor Water Park (~7 miles)
- Garden State Discovery Museum (~7 miles)
- Black Run Reserve/Preserve (~8 miles)
- Battleship New Jersey Museum and Memorial (~8 miles)
- Wiggins Park Marina (~9 miles)
- Skydive Cross Keys (~9 miles)
- Eastern Mountain Sports (Moorestown) (~9 miles)
- Tinicum Rear Range (~10 miles)
- Academy of Natural Sciences at Philadelphia (~11 miles)
- The Franklin Institute Science Museum (~11 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web