Timber Creek Park At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: 6:43 am, Sunset: 7:05 pm
- Jogging / Running
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- Dog Park / Dog Area
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Stage / Amphitheater
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
- County Parks
- Dog Park
- New Jersey Delaware River Region Camden County
About Timber Creek Park
Timber Creek Park is the former site of Slims Ranch and was purchased by Camden County for open space. The 60-acre park is located along the upper tidal portion of the North Branch of the Big Timber Creek. The creek flows through a wide valley in this area and contains a mature hardwood forest with large oaks, American beech, and tulip poplar trees and tidal and forested wetlands. There are also a few remaining American chestnut trees along the creek, a very rare site to see.
The trail follows the south bank of the Timber Creek. The tidal wetlands along the creek are a wintering site for waterfowl and bald eagles and red-tailed hawks. The woodlands along the creek provide habitat for wintering songbirds.
- Dog Park 9 acres fenced in the woods
- Outdoor Amphitheater
- Accessible Walking Track just under mile around
- 2 Pavilions
- Cross Country Trails
- Natural Trails
- Indoor Restrooms with Covered Pavilion
- Water Fountains
- Flag Pole
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Timber Creek Park (~0 miles)
- Roadrunner Sports (Cherry Hill, NJ) (~7 miles)
- Sahara Sam's Oasis Indoor Water Park (~7 miles)
- Garden State Discovery Museum (~7 miles)
- Black Run Reserve/Preserve (~8 miles)
- Battleship New Jersey Museum and Memorial (~8 miles)
- Wiggins Park Marina (~9 miles)
- Skydive Cross Keys (~9 miles)
- Eastern Mountain Sports (Moorestown) (~9 miles)
- Savich Tract fields (~9 miles)
- Tinicum Rear Range (~10 miles)
- Academy of Natural Sciences at Philadelphia (~11 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web