Union Furnace Preserve At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: 6:51 am, Sunset: 7:19 pm
- New Jersey Skylands Region Hunterdon County
About Union Furnace Preserve
This 170-acre wooded preserve bordering Spruce Run Reservoir is named for the colonial ironworks that flourished here from 1742 to 1781. A single hiking trail runs through Union Furnace. The trailhead is located across from the Spruce Run Parking Area. Part of the trail follows a historic mill race which used to supply water to the nearby Union Mill. Then it climbs up the hill and emerges onto Serpentine Drive. The trail is part of the Highlands Trail which extends 150 miles from Storm King Mountain on the Hudson River in New York south to Riegelsville on the Delaware River in New Jersey. Blazed with teal-colored diamonds, the trail combines established trails, new trails, and road walking, and displays the scenic beauty of the Highlands region.
- Jogging / Running
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- Some are challenging
- Rugged / Rocky
- County Parks
- Historic Area
- Park (General)
Contact / Location
You may also like...
- Union Furnace Preserve (~0 miles)
- Voorhees State Park Observatory / NJAA (~1 miles)
- Voorhees State Park Campground (~1 miles)
- CK Hoffman Veterans Memorial (~1 miles)
- Voorhees State Park (~2 miles)
- Spruce Run Recreation Area (~2 miles)
- Ken Lockwood Gorge Wildlife Management Area (~2 miles)
- The Red Mill Museum Village (~3 miles)
- Jugtown Mountain Campsites (~5 miles)
- Teetertown Ravine Nature Preserve (~6 miles)
- Round Valley Recreation Area (~6 miles)
- Teetertown Camping Area (~7 miles)
Looking for more?
Have you visited the NJ Outdoor Map yet? You should...
We started working on a new site that will help you find new places to explore. It is called the NJOutdoorMap.comDetails
A Special Time to Stargaze: 2016 Perseids Meteor Shower
This year is setting up to be one of the best years for seeing the Perseids Meteor Shower. With a projected rate of 50 - 150 per hour,Details
Clinton, New Jersey 08809