Wharton State Forest At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: 7:09 am, Sunset: 5:13 pm
- Equestrian / Horseback
- Jogging / Running
- Mountain Bike
- Paddling - Kayak, Canoe, row boat
- Playing in the playground
- Star Gazing / Astronomy
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
- Water Trails (kayak / boat)
- State Parks
- Park (General)
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
- New Jersey Greater Atlantic City Region Atlantic County
About Wharton State Forest
Wharton State Forest is the largest single tract of land within the New Jersey State Park System. It is also the site of Batsto Village, a former bog iron and glassmaking industrial center from 1766 to 1867 that currently reflects the agricultural and commercial enterprises that existed here during the late 19th century.
Throughout Wharton are rivers and streams for canoeing, hiking trails (including a major section of the Batona Trail), miles of unpaved roads for mountain biking and horseback riding and numerous lakes, ponds and fields ideal for wildlife observation. Bald eagles, red-tailed hawks, marsh hawks, ospreys, great blue herons, swans, screech owls, great-horned owls, bluebirds, hummingbirds, purple martins, goldfinch, turkeys, beavers, river otters, fox and deer are only some of the wildlife the alert visitor can see.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Wharton State Forest (~0 miles)
- Atsion Recreation Area (~3 miles)
- Flatwater Paddle Co. - Atsion Lake (~3 miles)
- Valenzano Family Winery (~6 miles)
- QuickShot Paintball (~7 miles)
- Wading Pines Camping (~7 miles)
- Micks Canoe and Kayak Rental (~8 miles)
- Tomasello Winery and Banquet Facility (~8 miles)
- Franklin Parker Preserve (~9 miles)
- Plagidos Winery (~10 miles)
- Sharrott Winery (~11 miles)
- Amalthea Cellars (~11 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web