Worthington State Forest At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: , Sunset:
- Equestrian / Horseback
- Jogging / Running
- Paddling - Kayak, Canoe, row boat
- Playing in the playground
- Skiing / Snowboarding
- Boat launch
- Boat launch - Car Top Only
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Picnic shelter(s)
- Picnic tables
- Flat / Easy
- Some are challenging
- Rugged / Rocky
- State Parks
- Park (General)
- Scenic Areas (overlooks/waterfalls)
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
- New Jersey Skylands Region Warren County
About Worthington State Forest
Some of the most rugged terrain and splendid views of northern New Jersey are found in Worthington State Forest. A rocky and sometimes steep trail follows Dunnfield Creek from the Delaware River to Mount Tammany or hikers may choose to follow the trail to Sunfish Pond, one of the most popular sites in the area. Millions of years in the making, the pond was carved out by glacial forces during the last ice age and is one of fourteen rock-basin lakes between the Delaware Water Gap and the end of Kittatinny Ridge. A trail circles the pond, with many boulders and openings for resting and observation.
The main office is located atoff Old Mine Rd in Columbia. The best address we have found for this location is: 122 Old Mine Rd, Columbia, NJ 07832
As per the state's website, you can use the following to get here: Take Route 80 west to the last exit in New Jersey (Millbrook/Flatbrookville). At bottom of ramp, turn right. Office is three miles on left.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Worthington State Forest (~0 miles)
- Mount Tammany (~1 miles)
- Lakota Wolf Preserve (~2 miles)
- Camp Taylor Campground (~2 miles)
- Slateford Creek / Falls (~3 miles)
- Shawnee Mountain Ski Area (~4 miles)
- Brook Hollow Winery (~4 miles)
- Shady Acres Campgrounds (~4 miles)
- Mountain Vista Campground (~5 miles)
- Treasure Grove Ranch (~6 miles)
- Columcille Megalith Park (~7 miles)
- Cranberry Run Campground (~7 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web