2018-06-01:The trail to Adams Creek is currently closed due to major damage from late winter snow storms. The trail is closed, and the lot off 209 is closed. Please visit the DWGRA website for more information.
2017-01-01: Swimming, Wading, and Jumping In and Around Waterfalls is PROHIBITED!. Swimming, wading, and jumping into the waterfalls and areas above and below waterfalls is prohibited in the entire Park. Your safety is vital to us. Please don't risk your LIFE. There are costly fines for violating federal law.
Photos & More See More
You may also like...
Categories See More
- Rugged / Rocky
Parks & Gardens:
- Park (General)
- Scenic Overlook / Waterfalls
Trail & Path Info
Tips and Tricks
On the Web
Nearby Places Browse All
- Dingmans and Silverthread Falls (~1 miles)
- Dingmans Campground (~2 miles)
- Raymondskill Falls (~3 miles)
- Liberty Farm (~4 miles)
- Hornbecks Creek / Indian Ladder Falls (~4 miles)
- Stokes State Forest (~6 miles)
- Tillman Ravine (~6 miles)
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area (~6 miles)
- Buttermilk Falls (~8 miles)
- Harmony Ridge Farm and Campground (~8 miles)
- Cedar Ridge Campgrounds (~8 miles)
- Sunrise Mountain Scenic overlook (~8 miles)
We receive many inquiries about if swimming in the pool near the falls, or cliff jumping into the pool is allowed. The simple answer is that it is NOT ALLOWED at all, and is simply unsafe. But for 100% clarification, we contacted the the park service directlyand have been told the following:
- NotAllowed: Swimming in a pool or river BELOW the waterfall is notallowed.
- Not Allowed: Swimming in a pool or river ABOVE the waterfall is not allowed.
- Not Allowed: Cliff diving is not allowed... and very unsafe.
The above notes apply to Adams Creek, as well as any other waterfall / river / stream in the park, unless otherwise noted.
Though prohibited, we know people still go cliff jumping and / or jump from above the waterfall itself. Do No Do This.You are risking a lot for something that is not worth it. The pool under the falls is not very deep and people get hurt weekly.We have personally seen multiple people get hurt.. from a sprained wrist to someone needing to be taken out by stretcher because she hit the sideand messed up her back/neck. It may seem like something harmless, but it isa very big deal for you, your family, for the community. Don't Jump!
Adams Creek and Adams Falls is part of Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
|Details:||Short Url: gonj.me/537pnf Last Updated: 2018-07-09 23:06:23|