The Estellville Glassworks are located in the Atlantic County Park at Estell Manor, on the east side of Route 50, 3.5 miles south of Mays Landing. These sites are an early 19th century glass factory that was in operation from 1825-1877. The factory was built between 1825-26 by John H. Scott for the Estell family. Glass production began in 1826. The glassworks flourished during the mid-1800's. It was possibly the first glassworks that had the capability of producing both hollow ware (bottles) and window glass. The Estell family owned and operated the factory until 1858. The factory had many owners following and finally closed completely in 1877.

Amenities / Features of Estellville Glassworks:

0-0 Main Categories & Types
Parks and Natural Areas
County Parks
Historic Area
0-0 Special Location and Tour Search Categories
All Activities
General Amenities
Special / Temp
20160917-FB-NearAC
Amenities
Special Buildings / Structures
Historic
Ruins
General Location
New Jersey
General Areas within NJ
Southern NJ
Regions (based on tourism)
Greater Atlantic City (Atl)
Misc Information
Listing Center: Latitude: 39.3907
Listing Center: Longitude: -74.7419
Record Status: 1.0000
Record Title: Estellville Glassworks
This listing is part of Estell Manor Park

Additional Estellville Glassworks Content: