Photos & More See More
You may also like...
Categories See More
- Equestrian / Horseback
- Jogging / Running
- Mountain Biking
- Paddling - Kayak/Canoe/Row boat
- Playing in the playground
- Boat Launch
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Kayak / Canoe / Rowboat Rentals
- Surface Type: Crushed rock
Parks & Gardens:
- County Parks
- Park (General)
Trail & Path Info
There is a multi-use trail that follows perimeter ofthe reservoir. It is 5.1 miles in length, and between 8 and 10 feet wide. It is primarily crushed rock, with good drainage... meaning not too much mud. There is a small amount of elevation change as the trail follows the hilly landscape.
You will also find a few smaller trails throughout the park that are for pedestrian use.
A Picnic and a Walk
- On a nice summer afternoon we'll head on over to Rt 9, pick up lunchand head to the park. Specifically, to the main building off Windler Rd (not the nature center).
- Once there, you can find a a few picnic tables to enjoy your lunch.
- With full bellies, head out onto the parameter trail for a 5 mile walk/bike ride. We recommend taking the trail counter-clockwise since it feels more comfortable, but just as challenging.
Relaxing next to the fire
- On a snowy afternoon, when roads are safe for travel, head to the main building off Windler Rd (not the nature center) to "curl up" in front of the fireplace with a good book. The falling snow, ice on the water, and warming fire make for a great afternoon.
- While visiting the park, we would recommend hitting up the nature center for a boat tour or to receive a healthy dose of environmental education.
- You can also rent a boat (row boat or kayak), for a trip around the reservoir.
Special / Seasonal Events
Picnics / Lunches / Eating
Admission & Guidelines
There is no fee to enter the park, trails, or nature center.
There is a fee to use theboat launch (for any boats, kayaks, canoes, etc). Seasonal boat launch passes are available at the park office.
There may be fees for special programs offered by the park system.
On the Web
Nearby Places Browse All
- Manasquan Reservoir Environmental Center (~1 miles)
- Ardena School House Museum (~1 miles)
- Oak Glen Park (~1 miles)
- Bear Swamp Natural Area (~2 miles)
- Soldier Memorial Park (~3 miles)
- Echo Lake/Alfred C. Sauer Park (~3 miles)
- Allaire Campground (~3 miles)
- Farmer Browns Golf Center (~4 miles)
- Allaire State Park Disc Golf Course (~4 miles)
- Allaire State Park (~4 miles)
- New Jersey Museum of Transportation - Pine Creek Railroad (~4 miles)
- Historic Allaire Village (~4 miles)
Other Places found within / connected to Manasquan Reservoir are: Manasquan Reservoir Environmental Center
|Details:||Short Url: gonj.me/51kwcs Last Updated: 2018-07-18 23:13:26|