Bergen County Zoo At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: , Sunset:
Bergen County Zoo is part of Van Saun County Park
- Petting Zoo/Regular Zoo/Animals
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
- Zoo / Aquarium / Petting Zoo
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
- New Jersey Gateway Region Bergen County
About Bergen County Zoo
The Bergen County Zoo is a "New World" zoo, exhibiting wildlife from North and South America. You have the unique opportunity to view such rare and unusual species as Baird's Tapirs, Andean Condors, American Alligators, Golden Lion Tamarins, South American Pampas, and many others.
The Bergen County Zoo provides a clean, aesthetically-pleasing facility that meets or exceeds the physical, environmental, and behavioral needs of the animals in its care. The goal of the zoo is to develop and maintain exhibits that emphasize natural behavior, encourage longevity, and promote breeding success. Our AZA-accredited zoo actively participates in wildlife conservation endeavors through captive breeding programs and research projects and supports conservation efforts throughout the world. The zoo provides a unique and effective educational experience that fosters an appreciation for the interrelationships between the animals and their environments. It provides an enjoyable recreational experience for the residents and visitors of Bergen County.
Our Personal Take...
Picnics / Lunches / Eating
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
More To Explore in Bergen County Zoo
- Bergen County Zoo (~0 miles)
- Van Saun County Park (~0 miles)
- Roadrunner Sports (Paramus, NJ) (~1 miles)
- Historic New Bridge Landing (~2 miles)
- Cliff Gennarelli-Paramus Sports-Plex (~2 miles)
- Eastern Mountain Sports (Paramus) (~3 miles)
- Memorial Park And Pool (~5 miles)
- Field Station: Dinosaurs (~5 miles)
- Overpeck County Park (~5 miles)
- Tenafly Nature Center (~5 miles)
- Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park (~7 miles)
- Fort Lee Historic Park (~7 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web