Cape May Point State Park (and lighthouse) At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: , Sunset:
Equestrian / Horseback
Check to make sure this is allowed before going there
More like walking
Jogging / Running
Trail running would be a lot of fun
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Picnic tables
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
- State Parks
- Scenic Areas (overlooks/waterfalls)
To the lighthouse only
- Equestrian / Horseback
- New Jersey Southern Shore Region Cape May County
About Cape May Point State Park (and lighthouse)
Noteworthy features of Cape May Point State Park include it's constantly changing shoreline, dunes, freshwater coastal marsh and ponds, forested islands and varied uplands make it a well-known location for viewing the fall bird migration. Located on the southern tip of New Jersey, Cape May Point State Park is a key site on the NJ Coastal Heritage Trail, with an environmental center that houses a classroom for interpretive programs and a museum on the area's natural and historic features.
Cape May Lighthouse - The 157-foot-high lighthouse is still an aid to navigation. Visitors who climb the 199 steps to the top of the lighthouse are rewarded with a spectacular panoramic view of the scenic Cape May peninsula. The first known lighthouse at Cape May was built in 1823. By 1847 a new lighthouse was erected on a high bluff, however, due to the encroaching sea and poor building design it was eventually dismantled. Built in 1859, the current lighthouse used the original bricks of the 1847 lighthouse.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Cape May Point State Park (and lighthouse) (~0 miles)
- Cape May Migratory Bird Refuge (~1 miles)
- Cape May Seashore Lines (~2 miles)
- Cape May Winery & Vineyard (~3 miles)
- Historic Cold Springs Village (~4 miles)
- Seashore Campsites Inc (~4 miles)
- Lake Laurie Campground / RV Resort (~5 miles)
- Cold Spring Bike Path (~5 miles)
- Salt Marsh Safari, Cape May (~5 miles)
- Holly Shores Camping Resort (~6 miles)
- Beachcomber Camping Resort (~6 miles)
- Hawk Haven Vineyard & Winery (~6 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web