Cattus Island County Park At A Glance...
About Cattus Island County Park
- Equestrian / Horseback
- Jogging / Running
- Playing in the playground
- Skiing / Snowboarding
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Picnic tables
- Flat / Easy
- Crushed rock
- County Parks
- Park (General)
Scenic Areas (overlooks/waterfalls)
Overlooking the river
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
Our Personal Take...
We visit Cattus MANY times a year. We highly recommend visiting here throughout the year.
Trail & Path Info
The main path/dirt road is great for walking, jogging and biking. The side trails are good for all three as well, but not all of them allow for biking. Though you can ride bikes in the park, the allotted "bike trails" are nice, but not great. If you are travelling here just to hit / shred all the trails, you may be disappointed. If you are taking a cruise out to the end of the access road, you will LOVE it.
Visit Cattus Island on your way to, or coming back from your day "down the shore". Or better yet, spend your day in the park :)
Tips and Tricks
A quick tip would be the same tip we give to most our south Jersey parks.. wear proper bug protection to ensure ticks / chiggers / mosquitoes do not get you during ths summertime.
There is one large lot right near the Cooper Env Center with ample parking for all.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Cattus Island County Park (~0 miles)
- Skyview Park (~2 miles)
- Robert J. Novins Planetarium (~3 miles)
- Pilates By The Bay (~3 miles)
- Brown's Woods Preserve (~3 miles)
- Breakwater Beach Waterpark (~4 miles)
- Casino Pier in Seaside Heights (~4 miles)
- Beachwood Beach (~4 miles)
- Winding River Skating Center (~5 miles)
- Winding River Park (~5 miles)
- Windward Beach Park (~5 miles)
- Insectropolis (~5 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web