Crosswicks Creek Park At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: 5:56 am, Sunset: 8:12 pm
- Equestrian / Horseback
- Jogging / Running
- Paddling - Kayak, Canoe, row boat
- Skiing / Snowboarding
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- County Parks
- Park (General)
- Wildlife Management Area (WMA)
- New Jersey Shore Region Monmouth County
About Crosswicks Creek Park
Crosswicks Creek Park, with Historic Walnford as its centerpiece, is a 1,500+ acre park in Upper Freehold Township. Most of the Crosswicks Creek Park forms a narrow corridor of land around Crosswicks Creek. Another 2,700 acres of surrounding farmland is preserved by the county and state Farmland Preservation Program.
Crosswicks Creek begins near Fort Dix in Burlington County, travels up the northeast corner of Ocean County, meanders 7 miles in Monmouth County, becomes the dividing line between Burlington and Mercer Counties and finally empties into the Delaware River.
Hours / Season of Operation
Areas in the Greenway open at 7 a.m. 365 days a year.
Closing time is 7 p.m. through October 31; 5:30 p.m. November 1-January 13; and 6 p.m. January 14-February 8.
Crosswicks Creek is a popular spot for hiking, canoeing and fishing, with access provided at three small parking areas:
- Hutchinson Road, Allentown. Informal trails (primarily mowed field edges) take visitors through the fields and forest edge of this former horse training track.
- Rt. 537/Monmouth Road, Cream Ridge. This parking is an access point for paddlers, who will need to carry their canoe/kayak from the lot to the water. NOTE: Crosswicks Creek has many portages (mostly fallen trees).
- Province Line Road, Allentown. While this site does not provide access to Crosswicks Creek, it has its own "fishing hole" and some informal trails (primarily mowed field paths).
Please see the official park page for more details.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Crosswicks Creek Park (~0 miles)
- Historic Walnford Farm (~0 miles)
- Cream Ridge Winery (~1 miles)
- Union Transportation Trail (UTT) (~2 miles)
- Sunshine Fields (~2 miles)
- Clayton Park (~4 miles)
- Oasis Family Farm (~4 miles)
- Holland Ridge Farms (~4 miles)
- Bullock Farms (~4 miles)
- Robbinsville Community Park (~5 miles)
- Volunteer Park, New Egypt (~5 miles)
- Horse Park of New Jersey at Stone Tavern, Inc. (~5 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web