Duke Island Park At A Glance...
About Duke Island Park
Biking in Duke Island Park
Duke Island Park offers bike trails for those Somerset County biking enthusiasts.
Duke Island Park offers five picnic areas, three of which feature a pavilion. Reservations are available for groups of 20 or more. Each of these picnic groves has at least 12 tables and 8 grills. Additional picnic tables line the picturesque river trail, and are available on a casual basis. Among these is a fully accessible area, with a paved path, concrete patio, and tables which accommodate wheelchair seating. A playground is located in the park adjacent to play and picnic areas. It features innovative, barrier free equipment.
Athletics and Lifetime Sport Opportunities
One softball field is available by permit for leagues and tournaments. When not reserved for this use, the fields are available for those who wish to practice or have a friendly pickup game. In the winter, supervised ice skating and general cross country skiing are offered when weather permits. The Raritan River is stocked by the New Jersey Department of Fish, Game, and Wildlife, and offers prime fishing locations for beginner and expert anglers. Hikers, walkers, and birdwatchers may take advantage of the trails which follow along the river and pass through the extensive wooded areas.
The Visitors Center is located near the main parking area, and houses the Park Ranger office and the rest room facilities. Rangers are available for information on the park recreation activities, and brochures and maps of the Park Commission facilities and programs are available.
- Jogging / Running
- Mountain Bike
- Playing in the playground
- Skiing / Snowboarding
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Picnic shelter(s)
- Picnic tables
- Flat / Easy
- County Parks
- Park (General)
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Duke Island Park (~0 miles)
- Hibernia Mine Railroad Bridge (~1 miles)
- North Branch Park (~2 miles)
- Duke Farms (~2 miles)
- Eastern Mountain Sports (Bridgewater) (~3 miles)
- White Oak Park (~3 miles)
- Pelican Swim & Ski Center (Whitehouse) (~5 miles)
- Putting Course at Colonial Park (~6 miles)
- Colonial Park Gardens (~6 miles)
- Sourland Mountain Preserve (~6 miles)
- Chimney Rock / Washington Valley park (~6 miles)
- TD Bank Ballpark (Somerset Patriots) (~6 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web