East Point Lighthouse is an active navigational aid built in 1849, situated on the picturesque Southern Bayshore in Cumberland County, New Jersey. The lighthouse has been fully restored, furnished and is a year-round museum open to the public. Both the Lighthouse and grounds are on the National Historic Registry. The Lighthouse is the second oldest in New Jersey and the only remaining New Jersey land-based lighthouse on the Delaware Bay. This two-story Cape Cod style lighthouse with its distinctive red roof by day and blinking red beacon by night marks the mouth of the Maurice River on the Delaware Bay. East Point is known for its spectacular views and sunsets and is a popular destination for artists, photographers, wildlife and history enthusiasts alike.
There is a Lighthouse Gift Shoppe, parking and ADA ramp to the first floor of the Lighthouse. The grounds and beach are always open to the public. To tour the Lighthouse Museum and visit the Gift Shoppe, please check the schedule for available times and dates.
- Primary Address:
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- East Point Lighthouse (~0 miles)
- Belleplain State Forest (~10 miles)
- Belleplain Campground (~10 miles)
- King Nummy Trail Campground (~11 miles)
- New Jersey Motorsports Park (~11 miles)
- Acorn Campground (~12 miles)
- Adventure Bound Camping Resort (~13 miles)
- Shellbay Campground (~13 miles)
- Cape May County Park and Zoo (~13 miles)
- The Doctor's Inn Bed and Breakfast (~13 miles)
- Hawk Haven Vineyard & Winery (~15 miles)
- Beachcomber Camping Resort (~15 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web