The Estellville Glassworks are located in the Atlantic County Park at Estell Manor, on the east side of Route 50, 3.5 miles south of Mays Landing. These sites are an early 19th century glass factory that was in operation from 1825-1877. The factory was built between 1825-26 by John H. Scott for the Estell family. Glass production began in 1826. The glassworks flourished during the mid-1800's. It was possibly the first glassworks that had the capability of producing both hollow ware (bottles) and window glass. The Estell family owned and operated the factory until 1858. The factory had many owners following and finally closed completely in 1877.