c. 1876 wrought iron lighthouse is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. Originally constructed in Buffalo, New York and then moved here by train and mule-wagon, this unusual wrought-iron, open-frame, lighthouse was built at a cost of $1,200 in 1876. Standing 115 feet tall, it featured a 24-inch range lens with double wick burner and kerosene vapor lamp emitting 150,000 candlepower. Close by is Fort Mott State Park, a 104-acre waterfront park with buildings and gun emplacements from the Spanish - American War. It's listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Call for hours.
- Primary Address:
You may also like...
- Finns Point Rear Range Light (~0 miles)
- Fort Mott State Park (~1 miles)
- Salem County Fairgrounds / Fair Association (~9 miles)
- Auburn Road Vineyard & Winery (~10 miles)
- Marlton Recreation Park (~11 miles)
- Cedarvale Winery (~18 miles)
- Appel Farm Arts and Music Campus (~18 miles)
- Gloucester County 4H Fairgrounds (~19 miles)
- Longwood Gardens (~19 miles)
- Bridgeton City Park (~20 miles)
- Tinicum Rear Range (~22 miles)
- Southwind Vineyard (~24 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web