Fort Lee Historic Park At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: 5:54 am, Sunset: 8:09 pm
- Jogging / Running
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Walking Paths
- Historic Area
- Museum / Gallery
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
- Biking *NOT Permitted*
- Pets *NOT Permitted*
- New Jersey Gateway Region Bergen County
About Fort Lee Historic Park
Fort Lee Historic Park is a 33-acre cliff-top park area with scenic overlooks, a reconstructed Revolutionary War encampment, and a Visitor Center. The entrance to Fort Lee Historic Park is on Hudson Terrace immediately south of the George Washington Bridge.
Things to See & Do
The Visitor Center is open Wednesday through Sunday, 10 AM 4:45 PM, with exhibits, gift shop, 150-seat auditorium, restrooms, beverage vending machine, and a water fountain. It is closed on holidays except for Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day.
At the north end of the Historic Park, two overlooks command spectacular views of the George Washington Bridge, the Hudson River, and the skyline of upper Manhattan. Restrooms and a drinking fountain are available in season.
In the southern portion of the Historic Park, winding pathways lead past a reconstructed blockhouse to gun batteries and firing steps. Opposite the barbette battery, authentically recreated eighteenth-century soldiers and officers huts, with a well, woodshed, and baking oven, serve as the focal point for interpretive programs.
Admission & Guidelines
Metered parking is in effect at Fort Lee Historic Park-- 8 AM 6 PM, 7 days a week, year-round (including holidays)
Mon. Fri. $1/hr. for the first 3 hrs., then $2/hr.
Sat. & Sun. $5 for the first 3 hrs., then $2/hr.
All days: $20 each bus.
Pets are not permitted.
Bicycles are not permitted beyond the parking area.
Hours / Season of Operation
Historic Park grounds are open daily during daylight hours.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Fort Lee Historic Park (~0 miles)
- Veterans Field Park (~1 miles)
- Field Station: Dinosaurs (~2 miles)
- Yankees Stadium (~2 miles)
- Overpeck County Park (~2 miles)
- Tenafly Nature Center (~5 miles)
- Historic New Bridge Landing (~6 miles)
- MetLife Stadium (~6 miles)
- Van Saun County Park (~7 miles)
- Roadrunner Sports (Paramus, NJ) (~7 miles)
- Bergen County Zoo (~7 miles)
- Cliff Gennarelli-Paramus Sports-Plex (~8 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web