Fosterfields Living Historical Farm At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: , Sunset:
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Picnic shelter(s)
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
- County Parks
- Historic Area
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
- Pets *NOT Permitted*
- New Jersey Skylands Region Morris County
About Fosterfields Living Historical Farm
Experience the presence of the past at Fosterfields Living Historical Farm. Owned and operated by the Morris County Park Commission (www.morrisparks.net), this 200-acre National Register Historic Site is complete with farm animals, crops, period furnishings, and machinery from the turn of the 20th century. The spirit of life is evoked through daily activities presented on the farm, the farmhouse, and at the Foster family home, The Willows. Staff dressed in period attire perform a daily regimen of farming by raising livestock and crops using methods that follow the same scheduled as noted in Charles Foster's journal. Talk with the farm staff and participate in daily chores, such as butter churning, corn cracking, and harness cleaning. You will learn firsthand the important role the farm foreman and his family played at the restored farmhouse.
Programs / Education
Fosterfields offers fun and educational programs for children and adults alike. Special events and programs offer visitors a unique opportunity to experience reenactments, demonstrations, and exhibits that reflect events and periods from the past.
Fosterfields also offers School Trip Programs and Scout Programs throughout the year. Call the office for details.
Special / Seasonal Events
Hours / Season of Operation
April through June: Tuesday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
July through October: Wednesday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday 12 noon to 5 p.m.
Closed July 4.
Last admission to the site is 4 p.m.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Fosterfields Living Historical Farm (~0 miles)
- Historic Speedwell (~1 miles)
- Mennen Sport Arena (~2 miles)
- Lewis Morris County Park (~3 miles)
- Greystone Woods Disc Golf Course (~3 miles)
- Frelinghuysen Arboretum (~3 miles)
- Morris Plains Community Park And Community Center (~3 miles)
- Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms (~4 miles)
- Pelican Sport Center (Morris Plains) (~4 miles)
- Cross Estate Gardens (~5 miles)
- Whippany Railway Museum (~5 miles)
- Helen C. Fenske Visitor Center (~6 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web