Frelinghuysen Arboretum At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: 5:47 am, Sunset: 8:00 pm
- Jogging / Running
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
- County Parks
- Gardens / Arboretum
- Park (General)
- Scenic Areas (overlooks/waterfalls)
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
- Biking *NOT Permitted*
- Pets *NOT Permitted*
- New Jersey Skylands Region Morris County
About Frelinghuysen Arboretum
The Frelinghuysen Arboretum, a lovely 127-acre tract now surrounded by busy highways and office parks was once Whippany Farm. This estate was bequeathed to Morris County in 1969. Currently, the beautiful Colonial Revival mansion serves as headquarters for the Morris County Park Commission. The Frelinghuysen Arboretum is a regional center for horticultural activities, including educational programs and garden and flower shows. For park strollers, The Frelinghuysen Arboretum offers gardens, open fields, woodland and groves of flowering trees that bring serenity to our harried lives.
Description borrowed from www.arboretumfriends.org
Our Personal Take...
A Brief History
Trail & Path Info
Things to See & Do
Picnics / Lunches / Eating
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Frelinghuysen Arboretum (~0 miles)
- Mennen Sport Arena (~2 miles)
- Historic Speedwell (~2 miles)
- Morris Plains Community Park And Community Center (~2 miles)
- Whippany Railway Museum (~3 miles)
- Fosterfields Living Historical Farm (~3 miles)
- Greystone Woods Disc Golf Course (~4 miles)
- The Funplex Amusement Center - East Hanover (~4 miles)
- Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms (~4 miles)
- Pelican Sport Center (Morris Plains) (~5 miles)
- Lewis Morris County Park (~5 miles)
- Great Swamp Outdoor Education Center (~5 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web