Camp Glen Gray is an overnight campground nestled in the Ramapo Mountains near Mahwah, New Jersey. Open year-round, the camp offers a wide selection of cabins, lean-tos and tent sites. Its large capacity cabins and campsites are particularly attractive for scouts and other youth groups.
While camping in the Glen, you can hike trails with scenic overlooks, fish in Lake Vreeland, or simply enjoy nature. All this less than an hour's drive from New York City, West Point, and many other New York area attractions.
- Primary Address:
- Maps & Brochures:
- Complete Campground and RV listing
- Camp Type: Drive-up camping
- Camp Type: Group Camping
- Camp Type: Open 4 Season / Year Round
- Camp Type: Tent Camping Available
- Nearby: Multi-use Trails
- Rentals Available
A Brief History
Started in 1917 as a Boy Scout camp, Glen Gray has seen generations of campers. The camp is now operated by the Friends of Glen Gray as part of the Bergen County Parks system.
Things to See & Do
Just Down the Road
Glen Gray's convenient location in Northeastern New Jersey makes it an easy weekend getaway. It is about an hour's drive from most Metro New York locations.
And Have A lot of Fun
The campground provides many opportunities for you to create your own camping experience. There are miles of trails tailored for different hiking abilities. You can fish in Lake Vreeland year round, and in the summer, rent a row boat. There is a self-guided orienteering program. Or enjoy a game of Frisbee on Mary Post Field. Nearby, you can also find skiing, tubing, shooting ranges and riding stables.
Please visit the Glen Gray Camp Things To Do page for many great ideas.
Admission & Guidelines
Please make all camping reservations via their website.
Hours / Season of Operation
Glen Gray is a weekend-only campground.It is open to youth groups and families every weekend of the year except for major holidays.
The camp is closed the following weekends:
- Mother's Day (May 8-10)
- Memorial Day
- July 4th, Labor Day
- New Year's
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
Glen Gray Camp is a Bergen County Park. It is independently managed and financially supported by The Friends of Glen Gray, Inc.
Groups Associated to Glen Gray Camp
- Glen Gray Camp (~0 miles)
- Campgaw Mountain Ski Area (~2 miles)
- Ramapo Mountain State Forest (~2 miles)
- Tackle and Field (~2 miles)
- Ramapo Valley County Reservation (~3 miles)
- New Jersey State Botanical Garden (~4 miles)
- Ringwood State Park (~5 miles)
- The New Weis Center for Education, Arts & Recreation (~5 miles)
- Highlands Natural Swimming Pool (~5 miles)
- Finch Park (~5 miles)
- Ringwood Manor (~5 miles)
- Norvin Green State Forest (~5 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web