Hamilton Veterans Park At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: 6:54 am, Sunset: 7:15 pm
- New Jersey Delaware River Region Mercer County
About Hamilton Veterans Park
Located centrally within the township, this magnificent 333 acre park was built in honor of Hamilton's veterans in 1977. Ribbons of walking paths are sprinkled through wooded areas and intermittent picnic grounds, rest stops and athletic fields. The west side o the park features a large lake centered by a beautiful high flying fountain. The north side offers a huge tennis complex, soccer and softball fields.
Veterans Park is the site of Hamilton's enormously popular annual Septemberfest which attracts more than 100,000 people to a full day of family oriented fun. It also serves as host for outdoor concerts and fireworks displays. Each year, a group of volunteers conducts a Civil War re-enactment program enhanced by encampments designed to recapture the period. The park is open year-round.
More like walking
- Jogging / Running
- Mountain Bike
- Playing in the playground
- Sports / Athletic Fields
- Volleyball Courts
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- Dog Park / Dog Area
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Grills / Firering
- Picnic shelter(s)
- Picnic tables
A few throughout the park
- Fitness Trail
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
- Municipal / City Park
- Park (General)
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
Contact / Location
Our Personal Take...
Trail & Path Info
Things to See & Do
Within the southern section of the park you will find many different sporting areas. Including soccer fields, baseball fields, tennis courts, volleyball courts, a nice skate park, and a roller hockey rink. You will also find a very well maintained dog park with obstacles and things for your dogs to play on.
The off leash dog area is fenced in, offering a great (and safe) place for your pups to play. This is a very popular spot for locals, bringing all types of dogs out to play!
Memorials and Statues
There are a few nice additions to the park, including:
- Many statues near the northern parking lot off Klockner Rd. There is also a F4 Phantom fighter honoring the U.S. Air Force.
- A tank, helicopter and World War I-era cannon at the east side of the park (off Yardville-Hamilton Square Rd) to honor the U.S. Army.
- Naval Wall dedicated to the US Navy.
- Lawn Bowling
- Court Games
- Restroom Facilities
You may also like...
- Hamilton Veterans Park (~0 miles)
- Sunnybrae Park (~1 miles)
- Hamilton Baseball Fields (~2 miles)
- Sayen House & Gardens (~2 miles)
- Robbinsville Skatepark (~3 miles)
- Grounds For Sculpture (~3 miles)
- Tulpehaking Nature Center (~3 miles)
- John A. Roebling Park (~3 miles)
- Abbott Marsh (~4 miles)
- Mercer County Park Disc Golf Course (~4 miles)
- Air-Mods Flight School & Service Center (~4 miles)
- Oasis Family Farm (~4 miles)
Looking for more?
Dog Area at Hamilton Veterans Park - 10/31/2015
The fenced in dog area of Hamilton Veterans Park (Mercer County) is a popular stop to let the dogs out to play.Details
Photos of: Hamilton Veterans Park - 10/31/2015
Hamilton Veterans Park is located within Mercer County. This park includes paved and dirt paths, sports areas for tennis/BMX/baseball/eDetails
Have you visited the NJ Outdoor Map yet? You should...
We started working on a new site that will help you find new places to explore. It is called the NJOutdoorMap.comDetails
A Special Time to Stargaze: 2016 Perseids Meteor Shower
This year is setting up to be one of the best years for seeing the Perseids Meteor Shower. With a projected rate of 50 - 150 per hour,Details
More Places and Groups Please! :)
We would love to add all the great outdoor destinations, groups and events into our powerful search. We just need to know about them! :Details
Quick Updates for 2014..
Just wanted to share quick update for the new year, a bit of info about the owners of the site, and a note on how you can contribute toDetails
New Locations Have Been Added
Our latest listing additions.Details