Shaped by storm and tides, Island Beach State Park is a narrow barrier island stretching for 10 miles between the restless Atlantic Ocean and the historic Barnegat Bay. Island Beach SP is one of New Jersey's last significant remnants of a barrier island ecosystem that once existed along much of the coast and is also one of the few remaining undeveloped barrier beaches on the north Atlantic coast. Over 3,000 acres and 10 miles of coastal dunes remain almost untouched.
Within the park you will find ocean swimming, biking, nature centers, walking trails, bay access for car top launching, kayaking and more. There is also a section along the southern tip of the park that offers beach access to 4 wheeled drive trucks, allowing you to get right up to the water and fish.
Regular state park fees apply during the summer season (Memorial Day->Labor Day), and additional fees apply for access to the truck beach area.
- Primary Address:
- Equestrian / Horseback
- Jogging / Running
- Paddling - Kayak/Canoe/Row boat
- Boat Launch
- Car Top Boat Launch Only
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Surface Type: Sandy
- Walking Paths
Parks & Gardens:
- State Park
- Scenic Overlook / Waterfalls
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
More To Explore in Island Beach State Park
- Island Beach State Park (~0 miles)
- Freekin Creekin Canoe & Kayak Rentals LLC (closed) (~3 miles)
- Trixies Landing (~3 miles)
- Sedge Islands (~4 miles)
- Yakkity Yaks Kayak Rentals - Seaside Park (~4 miles)
- Cedar Creek Campground (~5 miles)
- Eno's Pond County Park (~5 miles)
- Barnegat Light House (~5 miles)
- Breakwater Beach Waterpark at Casino Pier (~7 miles)
- Casino Pier in Seaside Heights (~7 miles)
- Waretown Lake & Recreation Area (~7 miles)
- Crystal Bay Peninsula Park (~8 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web