Manasquan Reservoir At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: , Sunset:
- New Jersey Shore Region Monmouth County
- Equestrian / Horseback
More like walking
- Jogging / Running
- Mountain Bike
Paddling - Kayak, Canoe, row boat
Boat launch fees apply. Boat/Kayak rentals available
- Playing in the playground
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Picnic tables
These can be found near the main boat rental area
Kayak / Canoe / Rowboat Rentals
Kayak and row boat rentals available
- Crushed rock
- County Parks
- Park (General)
About Manasquan Reservoir
Our Personal Take...
Trail & Path Info
There is a multi-use trail that follows perimeter ofthe reservoir. It is 5.1 miles in length, and between 8 and 10 feet wide. It is primarily crushed rock, with good drainage... meaning not too much mud. There is a small amount of elevation change as the trail follows the hilly landscape.
You will also find a few smaller trails throughout the park that are for pedestrian use.
A Picnic and a Walk
- On a nice summer afternoon we'll head on over to Rt 9, pick up lunchand head to the park. Specifically, to the main building off Windler Rd (not the nature center).
- Once there, you can find a a few picnic tables to enjoy your lunch.
- With full bellies, head out onto the parameter trail for a 5 mile walk/bike ride. We recommend taking the trail counter-clockwise since it feels more comfortable, but just as challenging.
Relaxing next to the fire
- On a snowy afternoon, when roads are safe for travel, head to the main building off Windler Rd (not the nature center) to "curl up" in front of the fireplace with a good book. The falling snow, ice on the water, and warming fire make for a great afternoon.
- While visiting the park, we would recommend hitting up the nature center for a boat tour or to receive a healthy dose of environmental education.
- You can also rent a boat (row boat or kayak), for a trip around the reservoir.
Special / Seasonal Events
Picnics / Lunches / Eating
Admission & Guidelines
There is no fee to enter the park, trails, or nature center.
There is a fee to use theboat launch (for any boats, kayaks, canoes, etc). Seasonal boat launch passes are available at the park office.
There may be fees for special programs offered by the park system.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
More To Explore in Manasquan Reservoir
- Manasquan Reservoir (~0 miles)
- Manasquan Reservoir Environmental Center (~1 miles)
- Ardena School House Museum (~1 miles)
- Oak Glen Park (~1 miles)
- Bear Swamp Natural Area (~2 miles)
- Soldier Memorial Park (~3 miles)
- Echo Lake/Alfred C. Sauer Park (~3 miles)
- Allaire Campground (~3 miles)
- Farmer Browns Golf Center (~4 miles)
- Allaire State Park Disc Golf Course (~4 miles)
- Nature Interpretive Center in Allaire State Park (~4 miles)
- Multiuse Trails in Allaire State Park (~4 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web