Manasquan Reservoir At A Glance...
- 5+ mile multi-use trail around the reservoir
- Boat Launch, and kayak/row boat rentals
- Beautiful nature center, with programs throughout the year.
- Todays Sunrise: 6:15 am, Sunset: 7:37 pm
- Equestrian / Horseback
More like walking
- Jogging / Running
- Mountain Bike
Paddling - Kayak, Canoe, row boat
Boat launch fees apply. Boat/Kayak rentals available
- Playing in the playground
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Picnic tables
These can be found near the main boat rental area
Kayak / Canoe / Rowboat Rentals
Kayak and row boat rentals available
- Crushed rock
- County Parks
- Park (General)
- New Jersey Shore Region Monmouth County
About Manasquan Reservoir
The Manasquan Reservoir is located in Howell, NJ, and is considered the jewel of the Monmouth County Park System. This park offers things to do for every person in your family. You will find picnic areas, over 6 miles of trails for biking/hiking/equestrian, a boat launch, seasonal activities, a nature center, nesting bald eagles, and more.
Our Personal Take...
We visit the reservoir many many times a year. We'll paddle, bike, walk, explore, watch the animals, take a class, or just relax on a bench overlooking the water. We Highly recommend visiting the reservoir.
Trail & Path Info
There is a multi-use trail that follows perimeter ofthe reservoir. It is 5.1 miles in length, and between 8 and 10 feet wide. It is primarily crushed rock, with good drainage... meaning not too much mud. There is a small amount of elevation change as the trail follows the hilly landscape.
You will also find a few smaller trails throughout the park that are for pedestrian use.
A Picnic and a Walk
- On a nice summer afternoon we'll head on over to Rt 9, pick up lunchand head to the park. Specifically, to the main building off Windler Rd (not the nature center).
- Once there, you can find a a few picnic tables to enjoy your lunch.
- With full bellies, head out onto the parameter trail for a 5 mile walk/bike ride. We recommend taking the trail counter-clockwise since it feels more comfortable, but just as challenging.
Relaxing next to the fire
- On a snowy afternoon, when roads are safe for travel, head to the main building off Windler Rd (not the nature center) to "curl up" in front of the fireplace with a good book. The falling snow, ice on the water, and warming fire make for a great afternoon.
- While visiting the park, we would recommend hitting up the nature center for a boat tour or to receive a healthy dose of environmental education.
- You can also rent a boat (row boat or kayak), for a trip around the reservoir.
Special / Seasonal Events
There are special events throughout the year put on by the Monmouth County Parks department. You will find boat races, walks, education events and more. To view these events, please visit the Monmouth County Park link above.
Picnics / Lunches / Eating
There are a few nice picnic areas found around the park. It would be best to review the map to find them.
Admission & Guidelines
There is no fee to enter the park, trails, or nature center.
There is a fee to use theboat launch (for any boats, kayaks, canoes, etc). Seasonal boat launch passes are available at the park office.
There may be fees for special programs offered by the park system.
You will find multiple parking areas around the park. One can be found off Windler Road. This entrance also brings you to the main boat launch area and main clubhouse where you can rent boats and kayaks. Another lot can be found off Georgia Tavern Rd. This lot gives you direct access to the perimeter trail, and is a favorite place for fishermen to park. The last lot is found near the Nature Center. The entrance to the Nature Center can also be found on Georgia Tavern Rd. See the map for more information on this.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
More To Explore in Manasquan Reservoir
- Manasquan Reservoir (~0 miles)
- Manasquan Reservoir Environmental Center (~1 miles)
- Ardena School House Museum (~1 miles)
- Oak Glen Park (~1 miles)
- Bear Swamp Natural Area (~2 miles)
- Soldier Memorial Park (~3 miles)
- Echo Lake/Alfred C. Sauer Park (~3 miles)
- Allaire Campground (~3 miles)
- Farmer Browns Golf Center (~4 miles)
- Allaire State Park Disc Golf Course (~4 miles)
- Nature Interpretive Center in Allaire State Park (~4 miles)
- Multiuse Trails in Allaire State Park (~4 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web