Mennen Sport Arena At A Glance...
About Mennen Sport Arena
The arena is a full service ice center with skating year round. It offers public sessions, group lessons, hockey clinics, figure skating clubs and birthday party packages.
Mennen Sports Arena can be contacted at 973-326-7651.
A Brief History
The William G. Mennen Sports Arena was built in 1973 on land donated by the Mennen Company. On Sunday, January 12, 1975 the William G. Mennen Sports Arena was officially opened to the public. Originally there was only one ice surface with permanent seating for 2,500 spectators.
In 1986, a second ice surface was completed. In 2002, a third ice surface was completed.
Special / Seasonal Events
Non-ice activities include the Annual Shrine Circus, cat and dog shows, antique shows, craft shows, National Night Out, and other types of shows. The facility can be rented for meetings and conferences. Rink #1 with 2,500 seating capacity, can also be rented for concerts, craft shows, and special events. You can even have a unique company/team building event.
Hours / Season of Operation
Public Skating Schedule (Through November, 2018)
- Mornings - Monday through Friday; Saturday & Sunday: 10 a.m. - 12 noon.
- Afternoons - Monday through Friday: 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday: 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Evenings - Friday: 8 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Weekday General Admission: $6
- Wednesday Morning & Afternoon: $3
- Wednesday & Friday Evenings: $9
- Weekend & Holidays: $8
- Skate Rental: $4 (tax included)
*For extra sessions held on holidays, call the arena main office for schedule. General sessions will not be held on Christmas, Easter, or Memorial Day.
Times are subject to change, so please call to confirm at 973.326.7651.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Mennen Sport Arena (~0 miles)
- Historic Speedwell (~0 miles)
- Morris Plains Community Park And Community Center (~1 miles)
- Frelinghuysen Arboretum (~2 miles)
- Fosterfields Living Historical Farm (~2 miles)
- Greystone Woods Disc Golf Course (~2 miles)
- Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms (~3 miles)
- Whippany Railway Museum (~3 miles)
- Pelican Sport Center (Morris Plains) (~3 miles)
- Lewis Morris County Park (~4 miles)
- The Funplex Amusement Center - East Hanover (~5 miles)
- Giggles Play Station (~6 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web