Overpeck County Park At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: , Sunset:
- New Jersey Gateway Region Bergen County
Equestrian / Horseback
Bergen Equestrian Center
- Jogging / Running
- Paddling - Kayak, Canoe, row boat
- Playing in the playground
- Sports / Athletic Fields
- Volleyball Courts
- Boat launch
- Boat launch - Car Top Only
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Grills / Firering
- Picnic shelter(s)
- Picnic tables
- Fitness Trail
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
- County Parks
- Park (General)
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
- Equestrian / Horseback
About Overpeck County Park
Bergen County's largest recreational venue is the New Overpeck County Park covering over 805 acres. The vision to turn what was once a landfill into a beautiful park to be enjoyed by thousands of people is now a reality. More than 50 years ago, five Bergen County municipalities - Englewood, Leonia, Palisades Park, Ridgefield Park and Teaneck - donated hundreds of acres of land surrounding Overpeck Creek to the county for the creation of a park. Land that once contained brownfields and landfills has been transformed into a multi-use recreational venue.
In redeveloping the land, not only did the County of Bergen create open space, it also cleaned up an environmental hazard. Now that the landfill has been capped, residents in the surrounding communities can breathe a sigh of relief knowing the land is finally safe and that the Overpeck Creek and the Hackensack River are protected from further pollution. The park is sure to become a recreational destination and those who visit will reap the benefits of the land's dramatic transformation from brownfields to greenfields.
The newly constructed state-of-the-art Palisades Park Sportsplex, the Bergen Equestrian Center, athletic fields (natural grass and artificial turf) and tracks, picnic and fishing areas, children's playground, canoe/kayak launch into Overpeck Creek, grass amphitheatre, observation decks and 5 miles of walking/jogging trails make this park an attractive option for local residents. The Bergen County Department of Parks hopes that you and your family enjoy the new Overpeck County Park and take advantage of all it has to offer.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Overpeck County Park (~0 miles)
- Field Station: Dinosaurs (~1 miles)
- Fort Lee Historic Park (~2 miles)
- Historic New Bridge Landing (~4 miles)
- Yankees Stadium (~5 miles)
- Roadrunner Sports (Paramus, NJ) (~5 miles)
- Van Saun County Park (~5 miles)
- Tenafly Nature Center (~5 miles)
- Bergen County Zoo (~5 miles)
- Cliff Gennarelli-Paramus Sports-Plex (~6 miles)
- Memorial Park (~6 miles)
- Richard W. DeKorte Park (~8 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web