Pequest Trout Hatchery and Natural Resource Education Center At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: 7:17 am, Sunset: 5:05 pm
Dog Park / Dog Area
Dog Training Area
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Flat / Easy
- Self Guided / Nature trail
- Rugged / Rocky
- Walking Paths
- State Parks
- Park (General)
- New Jersey Skylands Region Warren County
About Pequest Trout Hatchery and Natural Resource Education Center
Visitors to the site use the area to learn about trout and how they are raised, as well as to use the nearly 5,000 acres of land that surrounds the hatchery for recreational opportunities such as hiking, hunting and bird watching, while great fishing opportunities abound in the nearby Pequest River.
Pequest is open for visitation Monday through Friday, from November 1 through April 1, from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pequest is open weekends for special events or programs only. The best time to see the hatchery is from October through May when all areas of the facility are in operation. From May through September, the nursery building is not in use.
Pequest strives to teach visitors about a variety of natural resource topics - from fishing to forestry - in the hopes that visitors will develop the behaviors and skills necessary to become stewards of wildlife and natural resources. Educational programs can be scheduled year round for groups of all ages. Besides scheduled group programs, Pequest teaches about trout and wildlife conservation at its annual Open House and other public events and programs throughout the summer for families, boys and girl scouts.
Trail & Path Info
You may also like...
- Pequest Trout Hatchery and Natural Resource Education Center (~0 miles)
- Island Speedway (~3 miles)
- Four Sisters Winery (~4 miles)
- UACNJ Observatory at Jenny Jump (~5 miles)
- Donaldson Farms (~5 miles)
- Jenny Jump State Forest (~6 miles)
- Jenny Jump Campground (~6 miles)
- Eyes of the Wild Center (~6 miles)
- Delaware River Family Campground (~7 miles)
- Longmeadow Farm (~7 miles)
- Teetertown Ravine Nature Preserve (~8 miles)
- Teetertown Camping Area (~8 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web