Prospertown Wildlife Management Area At A Glance...
About Prospertown Wildlife Management Area
Portions of Prospertown Lake border the Prospertown Wildlife Management Area while another section borders the Six Flags amusement park.
The lake is only about 80 acres large but features a number of inlets and coves to explore. The lake is ideal for recreational kayakers but will also accommodate larger sea kayaks.
On Prospertown Lake, only manually operated boats and canoes are allowed and it is stocked with fish.
Swimming is not allowed.
A Brief History
In 2011, the dam in Prospertown Lake suffered damage because of the extra water from hurricane Irene. This caused the water to drop in a large way. As of March 2013, the issue has been addressed and the lake is stocked with fish once again.
Things to See & Do
- Launch a small boat
- Launch a kayak
- Enjoy the view of the lake from your car
You can not:
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Prospertown Wildlife Management Area (~0 miles)
- Six Flags Great Adventure (~1 miles)
- Bullock Farms (~2 miles)
- Colliers Mills Wildlife Management Area (~2 miles)
- Clayton Park (~3 miles)
- Howling Woods Farm (~3 miles)
- Indian Rock Campground (~3 miles)
- Holland Ridge Farms (~3 miles)
- Union Transportation Trail (UTT) (~4 miles)
- Horse Park of New Jersey at Stone Tavern, Inc. (~4 miles)
- Cream Ridge Winery (~5 miles)
- Laurita Winery (~5 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web