Ramapo Mountain State Forest At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: , Sunset:
- Equestrian / Horseback
Jogging / Running
Rather advanced riding here
- Paddling - Kayak, Canoe, row boat
- Skiing / Snowboarding
- Boat launch
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- Boat launch - Car Top Only
- Rugged / Rocky
- State Parks
- Scenic Areas (overlooks/waterfalls)
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
- Entrance Fee
- New Jersey Gateway Region Bergen County Passaic County
About Ramapo Mountain State Forest
This hilly forest is a sanctuary for wildlife. Hikers and mountain bikers enjoy miles of challenging trails. Many trails offer a view of the New York City skyline. Birdwatchers are attracted to the forest for its ponds, streams and marshes that provide the perfect habitat for bird and other wildlife species. The forest borders the Ramapo Mountain Reservation, which is part of the Bergen County Park System.
Our Personal Take...
We had wanted to visit Ramapo for a long time, and finally made it happen in 2019 (some pictures from the trip)! It was a great hike. We do want to mention that this place looks like it'll get packed. Might want to visit during the week and not in the summer.
Trail & Path Info
Hikers and mountain bikers enjoy miles of challenging trails! You can also find some easier-to-walk paved paths (old roads) bring you from the top of Skyline Drive down to the lake.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Ramapo Mountain State Forest (~0 miles)
- Tackle and Field (~2 miles)
- Glen Gray Camp (~2 miles)
- Laurelwood Arboretum (~3 miles)
- Highlands Natural Swimming Pool (~4 miles)
- The New Weis Center for Education, Arts & Recreation (~4 miles)
- Campgaw Mountain Ski Area (~4 miles)
- Norvin Green State Forest (~4 miles)
- Kinnelon Museum (~5 miles)
- Ramapo Valley County Reservation (~6 miles)
- New Jersey Paintball Club Inc (~6 miles)
- New Jersey State Botanical Garden (~6 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web