Ramapo Valley County Reservation At A Glance...
About Ramapo Valley County Reservation
Ramapo Valley County Reservation is Bergen County's largest park area and is located on the edge of the Highlands Region. With the recent additions of Camp Glen Gray, Camp Tamarack and Camp Todd, the park has grown to over 4,000 acres. Visitors can hike the hills and valleys and enjoy the Ramapo River and several ponds.
Hiking and camping are available. Several tent campsites are available around Scarlet Oak Pond For sketc maps of the trails, call (201) 327-3500. Tent camping is allowed in designated areas. Call Darlington at (201) 327-3500 for camping permits and rules.
Fishing permitted on the reservation/special rules apply. (A valid NJ fishing license is required, no license is required under age 14). Cross-country skiing is also available during the winter.
- Equestrian / Horseback
- Paddling - Kayak, Canoe, row boat
- Skiing / Snowboarding
Access to Ramapo River
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- County Parks
- Park (General)
- Scenic Areas (overlooks/waterfalls)
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Ramapo Valley County Reservation (~0 miles)
- Campgaw Mountain Ski Area (~2 miles)
- Finch Park (~2 miles)
- Glen Gray Camp (~3 miles)
- Crestwood Lake (~4 miles)
- New Jersey State Botanical Garden (~4 miles)
- Ringwood State Park (~4 miles)
- Tackle and Field (~6 miles)
- Ramapo Mountain State Forest (~6 miles)
- Ringwood Manor (~6 miles)
- Flatwater Paddle Co. - Monksville Reservoir (~7 miles)
- The New Weis Center for Education, Arts & Recreation (~8 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web