Reeves-Reed Arboretum - A 13.5 acre National Historic Landmark featuring award-winning gardens and woodland trails, and offering horticultural and environmental education programs. Reeves-Reed Arboretum seeks to engage, educate and enrich its visitors so they may become better stewards of nature and the environment. This mission is achieved through the care and utilization of an historic estate and gardens.
Celebrating over 40 years as a historic public garden and education resource, Reeves-Reed Arboretum engages, educates and enriches the public through horticulture and environmental education, and the care and utilization of the gardens and estate. Open 7 days a week from dawn till dusk, the Arboretum is listed on both the National and New Jersey State Historic Registers. Funding for RRA has been made possible in part by the NJ Historical Commission, a division of the Department of State, through a grant administered by the Union County Office of Cultural & Heritage Affairs, Dept. of Parks & Community Renewal.
Description and Photo borrowed from reeves-reedarboretum.org
- Primary Address:
- Maps & Brochures:
Parks & Gardens:
- Gardens / Arboretum
Things to See & Do
Some of the many activities available when visiting:
- Stroll our historic grounds and display gardens.
- Experience the Daffodil Bowl, filled with thousands of blooms throughout April.
- Grab a Healthy Hike map and take a walk on our woodland trails.
- View art exhibits in the Wisner House gallery.
- From June to October, explore our Art in the Garden exhibit of outdoor sculpture.
- Enjoy our summer concert series, Sounds of a Summer Night.
- Enjoy spectacular fall foliage as well as the Perennial Border's final performance of autumn blooms.
- Explore the historic exhibit in the Garden Library & Lounge.
- Rent a backpack on Discovery Saturdays and investigate the flora and fauna of RRA!
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Reeves-Reed Arboretum (~0 miles)
- Cora Hartshorn Arboretum and Bird Sanctuary (~1 miles)
- Soldiers Memorial Field (~2 miles)
- Greenwood Gardens (~2 miles)
- South Mountain Reservation (~3 miles)
- Echo Lake Dog Park (Mountainside) (~3 miles)
- Echo Lake Park (Mountainside, NJ) (~4 miles)
- Hemlock Falls (~4 miles)
- Great Swamp Outdoor Education Center (~4 miles)
- Durrand-Hedden House & Garden (~4 miles)
- Mountainside Community Pool (~4 miles)
- Turtle Back Zoo (~5 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web