Ringwood Manor At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: , Sunset:
Ringwood Manor is part of Ringwood State Park
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
- State Parks
- Historic Area
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
- New Jersey Gateway Region Passaic County
About Ringwood Manor
This beautiful country house, which was home for a succession of well-known ironmasters for nearly 200 years, sits comfortably on a low hill overlooking a landscape that looks as if it escaped from a painting. Iron production in this area began in the 1740s. In the mid-19 century, Ringwood Manor was owned by Abram S. Hewitt, America's foremost ironmaster. Tours are offered from Wednesday through Sunday year round from 10 am to 3pm. Please call in advance to check the daily schedule. Ringwood Manor is part of a National Historic Landmark District. For more information on Ringwood Manor visit the New Jersey Highlands Historical Society Web site.
Photo and Description borrowed from ringwoodmanor.org
A Brief History
We can not do the history of this great location justice. Instead, we would like to point you to a great write-up.
Special / Seasonal Events
Rinwood Manor offers fun events throughout the year, including special tours, summer programs and their annual Victorian Christmas.
See their website for more information.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
More To Explore in Ringwood Manor
- Ringwood Manor (~0 miles)
- Ringwood State Park (~1 miles)
- New Jersey State Botanical Garden (~1 miles)
- Flatwater Paddle Co. - Monksville Reservoir (~3 miles)
- Long Pond Ironworks State Park (~3 miles)
- Jungle Habitat (~4 miles)
- Greenwood Lake Airport-4n1 (~5 miles)
- Wallisch Homestead (~5 miles)
- Tackle and Field (~5 miles)
- Glen Gray Camp (~5 miles)
- Ramapo Valley County Reservation (~6 miles)
- Abram S. Hewitt State Forest (~6 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web