Sayen House & Gardens At A Glance...
About Sayen House & Gardens
The garden began in 1912 when Frederick Sayen purchased the site with his wife, Anne Mellon Sayen, a daughter of the prominent Mellon family. The Sayens built a "bungalow" home in the Arts and Crafts style, though with Victorian interior design, and surrounded it with plants and flowers acquired during world travels. The principal collections include species from China, Japan, and England.
The Sayen site became municipal property in 1988, when Hamilton Township purchased the site from developer David Cellars. The park was opened to the public in 1991. The township expanded and improved the park in 2003. Today the garden contains more than 1,000 azaleas, nearly 500 rhododendrons, and more than 250,000 flowering bulbs for spring display, as well as ponds, bridges, gazebos, and walking trails.
You may also like...
- Sayen House & Gardens (~0 miles)
- Hamilton Baseball Fields (~0 miles)
- Mercer County Park Disc Golf Course (~2 miles)
- Hamilton Veterans Park (~2 miles)
- Mercer County Park (~2 miles)
- Robbinsville Skatepark (~2 miles)
- Sunnybrae Park (~3 miles)
- Conover Field, West Windsor Township (~3 miles)
- Grounds For Sculpture (~3 miles)
- Tantum Park / William Tantum Park (~3 miles)
- Air-Mods Flight School & Service Center (~3 miles)
- Oasis Family Farm (~4 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web