Scudder Falls (Delaware River) At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: 5:59 am, Sunset: 8:10 pm
- Jogging / Running
- Mountain Bike
- Paddling - Kayak, Canoe, row boat
- Boat launch
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
Boat launch - Car Top Only
Walk your boat down to the river
- Park (General)
- New Jersey Delaware River Region Mercer County
About Scudder Falls (Delaware River)
These 'falls' are caused by an old stone and wood beam diversion dam originally built sometime in the 1800s for a mill located on the Jersey side. Most of the old dam in the middle of the river has long since washed away, but sections on the Jersey and Pennsylvania sides as well as a little bit remaining in the middle create some nice features. The Jersey side of the dam had reinforced concrete poured on top of it sometime in the 50s or 60s, apparently in an effort to stabilize the old stone dam. Now this area is loved by boaters of all types to play in the great rapid.
You may also like...
- Scudder Falls (Delaware River) (~0 miles)
- Washington Crossing State Park (NJ) (~3 miles)
- Shady Brook Farm (~3 miles)
- Baldpate Mountain (~5 miles)
- New Jersey State Museum (~5 miles)
- Planetarium at the New Jersey State Museum (~5 miles)
- The Old Barracks Museum (~5 miles)
- Core Creek Park (~5 miles)
- Hopewell Valley Vineyards (~5 miles)
- Howell Living History Farm (~6 miles)
- Kunkel Park (~6 miles)
- Belle Mountain (~6 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web